What are Charcoal Briquettes?Charcoal briquettes are made by compressing agro-forestry without binders or additives, making it completely natural, and nowadays they are a substitute for fossil fuels such as oil or coal. Charcoal briquette is the preferred charcoal in many countries like Korea, Middle East, Greece. It has a round hole through the center, and mainly used for BBQ uses as it does not emit odor, no smoke, little ash, high heat, and long burning hours. Charcoal briquettes are king of novel, clean and eco-friendly fuel for family and industrial use.
Raw Materials Suitable for Charcoal Briquetting
* Fine agro-forestry waste materials such as sawdust, crop straw, wood branches, rice hull, bamboo sawdust, peanut shell and sunflower shell, etc.
* Wood wastes during logging such as a log ends, stumps, branches, twigs, barks and trimmings;
Charcoal Briquetting Process from Agro-forestry Waste
To make high quality charcoal briquettes, first of all, you must choose proper and reliable equipments from professional supplier and manufacturer. For large scale (one ton per hour and up) industrial charcoal briquetting, the following main equipments are needed: hammer mill or hammer crusher, pipe dryer, charcoal briquetting machine and carbonization furnace.
Generally, a complete charcoal briquetting process consists of the following parts:
Raw materials collecting, crushing, drying, charcoal briquetting,carbonizing.
1. Raw materials collecting is very simple because they are easy to get. Almost all kinds of agro-forestry waste can be used to make charcoal briquettes, like sawdust, crop straw, wood branches, rice hull, etc. Before briquetting, the raw materials need pre-processing so as to convenient for further processing. Here our Hammer mill is suitable for crushing different kinds of straw or wood log with size less than 200mm(diameter). After milled, the output diameter is 3-5mm, which is suitable for further briquetting.
2. Then we come to next step that is drying. As for raw materials, the moisture content is high usually more than 12%, so a sawdust dryer is necessary to help reduce the moisture content. In addition, a boiler is also needed to generates hot air and realize the purpose of drying.
3. Briquetting is the major process, and charcoal briquette machine is the core machinery. The basic principle of the briquetting machine is to compress the raw materials at high temperature and then press the material into square outside with middle empty and high density or prismatic briquette. In this process, the moisture content needs to reach 8%-12%. If the moisture content is high, the briquette may scatter; while the moisture is low, the briquette may have cracks.
4. The last step is carbonization. This process makes the wood briquette into charcoal briquette which is popular among BBQ lovers. Our furnace is of rational structure and only needs small heat consumption. The carbonized charcoal briquettes are high qualified and have longer burning time.